Dental Care to Keep You Smiling
As our member, you’ll get Healthy Connections dental benefits through DentaQuest, plus benefits through Healthy Blue.
- Healthy Connections Dental Benefits Through DentaQuest
These are a few of the dental benefits offered through DentaQuest. For a full list of benefits, see the Dental Office Reference Manual*.
Members under 21 years can get:
- Diagnostic, preventive, restorative and surgical benefits
- Routine dental care
- Oral exams
- Fluoride treatments
Members age 21 and older can get up to $750 per year to use for covered dental services like:
- Oral exams
- Medically necessary emergency procedures from an oral surgeon
There are no copays for emergency services. There’s a $3.40 copay for other dental services.
- Healthy Blue Dental Benefits
All members can get:
- Anesthesia for emergency dental procedures while in the hospital
- Emergency outpatient dental services
Children can get:
- Preventive dental assessments through the month of their 21st birthdays
- There are no copays for emergency care you receive in a doctor’s office or hospital.
- Find a Dentist Near You
Finding a dentist is easy. Just log in to the DentaQuest website at www.dentaquest.com/state-plans/regions/southcarolina*. Then:
- Select Member Page
- Select Find A Dentist
- Choose whether you’d like your dentist to speak English or Spanish
- Select “South Carolina” as your state. Your plan is Healthy Connections.
- Select “Accepts New and Existing Patients”
- Enter your ZIP code
- Select Search
- When to go to the Dentist
Children should have their first visit with a pediatric dentist by their first birthday. After that, they should see their dentist every six months to help prevent cavities and other dental problems.
Adults should see their dentist at least once a year.
- Community Resources
Learn more about events in your community with these helpful resources:
- The Healthy Blue Community Resource Link — Find free and low-cost local services in South Carolina.
- The Healthy Blue website events calendar — Find free dental health screenings at an event near you.
- Healthy Smiles of Spartanburg — Learn about outreach, education and free screenings for children in Spartanburg County by calling 1-864-592-4696.
- Tips for Keeping a Healthy Smile
You can help get and keep a healthy smile every day by doing things like:
- Brushing and flossing. Brush your teeth for two minutes twice a day and floss once a day to help prevent cavities.
- Choosing healthy snacks and drinks. Sugary foods and drinks can damage your teeth. Try healthy choices like cheese, fruits, vegetables and water.
- Drinking less alcohol and not smoking. Drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes, and chewing tobacco can cause problems with your mouth, gums, and teeth. They can also cause oral cancers.
These flyers provide extra tips for keeping a healthy smile.
Call DentaQuest at 1-888-307-6552 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern time, or visit their website at www.dentaquest.com/state-plans/regions/southcarolina*.
For questions about your plan, call our Customer Care Center at 1-866-781-5094 (TTY 1-866-773-9634) Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern time.
DentaQuest is an independent company that administers dental benefits on behalf of Healthy Connections.
* These links lead to third party websites. Those companies are solely responsible for the privacy policies and content on their sites.