What do you want to know about us?
December 29, 2016
When you have questions about our health plan operations, your benefits, how we protect your privacy and make decisions about coverage, there are three easy ways to get the answers:
- Go online to www.BlueChoiceSCMedicaid.com.
- Look in your Evidence of Coverage (EOC).
- Call us at the number shown on your member ID card.
Just choose any of the steps above to access information on:
- Our Notice of Privacy Practices and how to get a printed copy of it, along with your rights and responsibilities as a BlueChoice HealthPlan Medicaid member.
- Our Quality Improvement program and what we’re doing to improve the benefits and services we offer.
- Free case management services to help you manage a serious health condition. You or your caregiver can self-refer, or your doctor can refer you.
- Finding a primary care physician (PCP), specialist, behavioral health provider, hospital or pharmacy in the BlueChoice HealthPlan Medicaid network
- The process and forms needed for filing a complaint or appealing a decision.
- The professional qualifications of our network providers.
- Your benefits with a list of covered and non-covered services, including those obtained outside the health plan service area.
- How to see your PCP and get care.
- What to do when you are out of the plan’s service area.
- How to access emergency care and 911 services.
- How to get care after normal office hours.
- How we stay on top of new medical treatments and procedures and update or create health policies as needed.
- Advance directives and how to complete one.
- Your pharmacy benefits, our preferred drug list and network pharmacies.
If you do not have access to the Internet, cannot find the information you’re looking for or need a paper copy of any of our latest notices, call us at the number shown on your member ID card.
Copies of any type of member information are made available (at no cost) upon request for translation, Braille, large print or audio format. Just call the Customer Care Center at 1-866-781-5094. We can answer any of your questions about your plan. If you have hearing or speech loss, call the TTY line at 1-866-773-9634.
Please view our Notice of Language Assistance and Non-discrimination documents for more important information.