The following are some of the steps we have taken to protect the privacy of confidential information:
- We require all staff, consultants, and business associates to keep confidential any personal health information they learn in performing their jobs. We require all physicians and other health care professionals to maintain the confidentiality of this information. They must guard against unauthorized or inadvertent disclosure of confidential information.
- We have advanced security systems to limit unauthorized access to information in our computer files.
- We keep any medical information we get from physicians and other health care professionals in a secure area, and we limit access to authorized staff. We also require physicians and other health care professionals to keep medical records in a secure area, and we monitor this through on-site visits to their offices.
- We do not sell, trade or otherwise convey the name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or other personal identifiers supplied by visitors to our Web site.
- We may compile non-personal statistical information from our Web site in order to assess which resources best meet our visitor's needs.
Effective Feb. 28, 2018
The Information We Collect, Use, and Disclose
- Information About Your Use of the Site
When you visit this Site, it automatically captures your domain name, the IP address of the Web page from which you enter the Site, the pages you visit on the Site, and the amount of time you spend on the Site. This information alone does not identify you to us. In addition, we collect information about the use of various features of the Site, such as the extent to which certain features are used and the links or information that users access. We use this information to better understand how the Site is used, to improve and expand the Site, and to enhance your and other users’ experience with the Site.
We may hire third-party contractors to monitor, evaluate, and help improve users’ experience on our website. These contractors may have access to the information described above, subject to contractual obligations to comply with privacy and security requirements.
- Protected Health Information
The Site includes pages that give you the opportunity to provide us with personal information about yourself. You are not required to provide personal information to use the Site, but personal information is necessary for certain functions of the Site. Personal information you provide to us on this Site (“Protected Health Information”) is subject to the HIPAA Privacy Rule. When Company collects Protected Health Information on this Site, Company’s HIPAA Privacy Practices Notice, which you may access here, describes how the Protected Health Information may be used and disclosed and the rights you have with respect to the information.
- Privacy and Security
Company is committed to taking appropriate measures to protect your privacy against unauthorized disclosures. Company and its third-party web vendor use a variety of safeguards and techniques designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and (when appropriate) availability of your information. You should be aware, however, that website security technology changes rapidly and that any security system can be “hacked.” Accordingly, we cannot guarantee that these safeguards will ensure the safety of your information in all situations or that your information will not be intercepted while being transmitted to or by us over the Internet. In any event, Company is not responsible for (and not liable for) third parties’ illegal or criminal activity.
- Third-Party Links
The Site may contain links to websites of third parties that you may access. These websites have their own privacy policies and we recommend that you review those policies before using those websites. We cannot control the information disclosed to or by these third-party websites or how that information is used and disclosed.
The Site is not directed at children under the age of 13. Company complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and does not knowingly permit registration or submission of Protected Health Information by anyone younger than 13 years of age without the consent of a parent or guardian. To best protect your child’s privacy, please carefully supervise your child’s access to the Internet and this Site. For more information on how to protect your child’s privacy, you can visit the Federal Trade Commission’s Kids privacy page, accessible via www.ftc.gov.
- Notice for Users Outside of the United States
- Contact Us
To contact us regarding this policy and our related privacy practices, please contact us at:
Compliance and Privacy Officer
BlueChoice HealthPlan of South Carolina, Inc.
P.O. Box 100124 (AX-400)
Columbia, SC 29202-3124
If you believe we or any company associated with us has misused any of your information please contact us immediately and report such misuse.