Do you have patients who are expecting a child, interested in losing weight or want to stop smoking? Healthy Blue offers our members health programs for each of these issues and more. We have a program for our members expecting babies called Future Moms. It works with moms-to-be throughout their pregnancies and after their babies are born. Our Disease Management program helps members with chronic conditions, like asthma, diabetes and heart disease.
Members enjoy discounts on the popular weight-loss program, Jenny Craig or at certain gyms around the state.
Members who need advice on health issues or teen-related issues can call our 24-Hour Nurseline at 1-866-577-9710 and talk to a real person for advice.
From healthy recipes to allergy relief, we offer members added values along with routine health services. Healthy Blue focuses on our members and their health concerns.
Information Your Patients May Find Helpful
- Evidence of Coverage (EOC) (March 2019)
- Evidencia de Cobertura (EOC) (Junio 2019)
- Actualización de la Evidencia de Cobertura (Octubre 2018)
- Registro de Control de Cambios en la Evidencia de Cobertura (May 2019)
- Family of BlueSM Extra Benefits
- Beneficios adicionales de Family of BlueSM
- ID Card Sample
- Preventive Health Guidelines (May 2019)
- Pautas de Salud Preventiva (Mayo 2019)
- PCP Selection Form
- Member Eligibility & Enrollment
To apply for Medicaid, a patient must fill out and submit an application directly to the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS), which determines eligibility. Once SCDHHS determines a patient is eligible, the Healthy Connections program will send an enrollment packet containing a selection form. Healthy Blue is one of the selection options.
What is South Carolina Healthy Connections (Medicaid)?
Healthy Connections is a program that helps Medicaid members enroll in health plans. The Healthy Connections program provides coverage under many different eligibility categories with varying income requirements. You can visit the SCDHHS website for more information.After SCDHHS determines your patients are eligible for Medicaid, they can select us as their plan of choice. They can:
- Join by mail or fax by completing the South Carolina Healthy Connections form in the enrollment packet and sending it to Healthy Connections. Call 1-877-552-4642 to get the forms.
- Join over the phone by calling South Carolina Healthy Connections toll-free at 1-877-552-4642 to get the forms.
- Join online at the South Carolina Healthy Connections website at www.SCchoices.com.
- Join in person by meeting with a community enrollment counselor. Patients should call 1-877-552-4642 to make an appointment.
If your patients want to learn more about us, they can call Healthy Blue at 1-800-574-8864.