Information about Hurricane Michael for Healthy Blue Members
October 11, 2018
Important Phone Numbers for Healthy Blue Members
- 24-Hour Nurseline 1-866-577-9710 (TTY 1-800-368-4424)
- Disease Management (DM)/Case Management 1-888-830-4300
- Member Customer Care Center 1-866-781-5094 (TTY 1-866-773-9634) Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Pharmacy Customer Service 1-866-915-0327
Other Important Phone Numbers
- Relay (TTY) South Carolina 1-800-735-8583 or 711
- S.C. Healthy Connections 1-877-552-4642 (TTY 1-800-735-8583)
- Statewide Medicaid Help Line 1-888-549-0820
- Not a Healthy Blue member? Want to learn more? Call 1-800-574-8864
Important Information About Your Medications
One-time early refill
To help our Healthy Blue members prepare for Hurricane Michael, we approved a one-time early refill on prescription drug medications. Healthy Blue members can get a 30-day emergency supply of medications from any pharmacy that is part of our health plan (in-network). Members who go to an out-of-network pharmacy may not be able to fill their prescription.
Refill early if you left the area
Starting Oct. 10 through Oct. 24, 2018, you can refill medications before the refill date if it was left behind because you had to evacuate (leave the area) for Hurricane Michael.
Refill lost or damaged medicines
Due to Hurricane Florence, the Governor of South Carolina issued a state of emergency. If you live in an area impacted by the hurricane and tried to fill a prescription for lost or damaged medication, but were denied because it was before your refill date, call the Healthy Blue Customer Care Center at 1-866-781-5094 (TTY 1-866-773-9634) from Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. for help. They’ll work with your pharmacy to help you get your medicine.
You can fill a prescription for medications lost or damaged by the hurricane from Oct. 10 to Oct. 24, 2018.
Have questions? We’re here for you.
Healthy Blue Customer Care Center
1-866-781-5094 (TTY 1-866-773-9634)
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
View our Frequently Asked Questions for more information about getting help for Hurricane Michael.
Other ways you can prepare:
- Evacuate if told to do so
- Have an emergency kit that includes food, water, medications, a flashlight, batteries, cash and first aid supplies
- Stock your car with emergency supplies and change of clothes
- Keep the gas tank full
- Charge your cellphone if a hurricane is 6 to 18 hours away
- Let friends and family know where you are
Read the South Carolina Hurricane Preparedness Guide for more information about evacuation routes.
Stay up-to-date on school closures and more from the South Carolina Emergency Management Division (SCEMD).
These links lead to third-party sites. Those organizations are solely responsible for the content and privacy policies on their sites.