Electronic Data Interchange Gateway Update
November 02, 2018
Healthy Blue has designated Availity as a no-cost option to operate and service your electronic data interchange (EDI) entry point (or EDI gateway). Availity is an independent company that provides EDI service on behalf of BlueChoice HealthPlan. This designation will ensure greater consistency and efficiency in EDI submission.
Who is Availity?
Availity is well known as a web portal and claims clearinghouse, but they are much more. Availity also functions as an EDI gateway for multiple payers and serves as the single EDI connection.
Your organization can submit and receive the following transactions through Availity’s EDI gateway:
- 837 — institutional claims
- 837 — professional claims
- 837 — dental claims
- 835 — electronic remittance advice (ERA)
- 276/277 — claim status
- 270/271 — eligibility request
Get Started with Availity:
- If you wish to submit directly to Availity, setup is easy. Go to the Availity Welcome Application * and begin the process of connecting to the Availity EDI Gateway for your EDI transmissions.
- If you wish to use another clearinghouse or billing company, please work with them to ensure connectivity.
The Availity Quick Start Guide * will assist you with any EDI connection questions.
Availity Payer IDs
You can access the Availity Payer List here.*
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Registration
To register or manage account changes for EFT only, use the EnrollHub™, a CAQH Solutions™ enrollment tool,* a secure electronic EFT registration platform. CAQH is an independent company that provides EFT service on behalf of BlueChoice HealthPlan. This tool eliminates the need for paper registration, reduces administrative time and costs, and allows you to register with multiple payers at a time.
If you were previously registered to receive EFT only, you must register using EnrollHub to manage account changes. No other action is needed.
Use Availity to register and manage account changes for ERA. If you were previously registered to receive ERA, you must register using Availity to manage account changes. Manage your paper remittance vouchers suppression (turn off) here.*
If you have any questions, call Availity Client Services at 800-AVAILITY (800-282-4548) Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.–7:30 p.m. Eastern time.
* This link leads to a third-party site. That organization is solely responsible for the contents and privacy policies on its site.