Reasons to Recommend Healthy Blue – Patient Reassignment
January 02, 2019
Effective January 2019, First Choice by Select Health of South Carolina will not be accepting new members to their plan. Members who chose Select Health without knowing they were not accepting new members will be assigned to other plans. If one of your patients is confused about their assigned MCO, please assure them that the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has correctly assigned them to their managed care plan and that Select Health is not accepting new members or transfers.
As an MCO with years of experience in the industry, we welcome your patients to the Healthy Blue family. Our superior coverage, comprehensive case management programs and exceptional Provider Relations service are unmatched by other MCOs.
One of our pediatric providers noted that Healthy Blue is “head and shoulders above and beyond all of the other MCOs. Healthy Blue is my ‘litmus test’ for all the other MCOs, and Healthy Blue is considered as ‘a standard.’”
Healthy Connections benefits for members include:
- Flexibility to select their PCP.
- Low-cost prescription medicines.
- Access to specialists without a referral.
- Vision and dental screenings for members through age 21.
- Preventive shots, checkups and well visits for adults and children.
We also offer value-added benefits for your patients beyond what Healthy Connections covers, including:
- A free prenatal program.
- A free car seat.
- Free headphones or earbuds for K–12 students.
- Free diaper bags for newborns.
- A free cellphone with monthly minutes, data and texts.
- Free Girl Scouts memberships for K–8 students.
- The free Youth Explorer Program through Boy Scouts for grades 3–12.
- Free circumcisions up to 1 year of age.
- Discounts on Boys & Girls Club fees.
- The free Internet Essentials program/free Wi-Fi for two months.
- A free coupon booklet with discounts to local stores.
- Free sports physicals for K–12 students.
- No copays for preventive/urgent care visits.
- No copays for some over-the-counter drugs with a prescription.
- A Healthy Rewards reloadable gift card.
- Membership in the Blue Book ClubSM.
- Discounts for Jenny Craig®.
- The free MedSync program to get prescriptions on the same day each month.
- The Community Resource Link search tool for housing and other social services.
Thank you for caring for our members and helping us make Healthy Blue the MCO of choice.
If you have any questions, contact our provider Customer Care Center at 866-757-8286 or your
Healthy Blue Provider Relations representative. If your patients have questions about their
assignment to Healthy Blue, please refer them to our member Customer Care Center at