We based the BlueChoice HealthPlan Medicaid Disease Management (DM) program on a system of coordinated care management interventions and communications that help physicians and other providers manage patients with chronic conditions.
DM services include:
- A holistic, member-centric approach to disease management focusing on the health issues of the member.
- Motivational interviewing techniques used in conjunction with member self-empowerment.
- Programs for asthma, bipolar disorder, coronary artery disease (CAD), congestive heart failure (CHF), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), diabetes, HIV/AIDS, hypertension, major depressive disorder (MDD), schizophrenia and substance use disorder.
- Management of more than one disease to meet the changing health care concerns of our member population.
We have a variety of useful member-focused DM services and resources that can help members improve their lifestyle and manage their health. Providers can also consider using the DM member materials as supplemental tools that could increase a member's understanding of important DM health topics.
Our mission is to improve the health and quality of life for the members we serve. We encourage your self-care efforts, coordinate health care education and provide interventions.
Our Objectives Are To:
- Address gaps in care.
- Improve the understanding of disease processes.
- Improve the quality of life for our members.
- Provide opportunities for patient-centered care.
- Support provider relationships with members.
- Increase provider awareness of DM programs.
- Reduce acute episodes requiring emergent or inpatient care.
How Can You Contact Us?
Our case managers are licensed nurses/social workers and are available from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. Confidential voicemail is available 24 hours a day. The 24-Hour NurseLine is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for our members.
Please call 1-888-830-4300 to reach a DM case manager. Your patients can get information about DM program services by visiting www.BlueChoiceSCMedicaid.com or calling 1-888-830-4300.
BlueChoice HealthPlan Medicaid and our DM programs do not advertise, market, or promote specific products or services to our members or providers.
BlueChoice HealthPlan Medicaid and our DM programs do not have any financial ownership arrangements with anyone who advertises, markets or provides the goods and services we offer.