Healthy Blue offers this online learning course, What Matters Most: Improving the Patient Experience, to address gaps in care and offer approaches to communication with patients.
Improve Your Patient's Experience
Studies have shown that a patient's primary health care experience and their health care outcomes are largely dependent upon health care provider and patient interactions. The communication with your patient can make a difference in their health. Providers can learn how to apply best practices with using the course which demonstrates practical strategies for implementing patient care.
Did You Know?
- Substantial evidence points to a positive association between the patient experience and health outcomes.
- Patients with chronic conditions, such as diabetes, demonstrate greater self-management skills and quality of life when they report positive interactions with their health care providers.
- Patients reporting the poorest-quality relationships with their physicians were three times more likely to voluntarily leave the physician's practice than patients with the highest-quality relationships.
Benefits to You:
- Improve communication skills
- Build patient trust and commitment
- Expand your knowledge of the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) survey
What Matters Most: Improving the Patient Experience can be accessed using your smartphone, tablet or computer.
This curriculum is available at no cost to providers and their clinical staff nationwide. Providers may apply their completion of the course toward continuing medical education (CME) credit certification.
Healthy Blue is committed to improving the patient experience in all interactions, and we are proud to work in partnership with our provider network to provide the necessary support and tools to reach our goal.
Healthy Blue ensures providers have access to resources to help support delivery of culturally and linguistically appropriate services. We encourage you to access and use the following resources:
- MyDiversePatients.com: The My Diverse Patient website at www.MyDiversePatients.com offers resources, information and techniques to help provide the individualized care every patient deserves, regardless of his or her diverse background. The site also includes learning experiences on topics related to cultural competency and disparities that offer free continuing medical education (CME) credit.
- Cultural Competency Training (Cultural Competency and Patient Engagement): This training resource increases cultural and disability competency to help effectively support the health and health care needs of your diverse patients.
- Caring for Diverse Populations Toolkit: This comprehensive resource helps you and your office staff increase effective communication by enhancing knowledge of the values, beliefs and needs of diverse patients.