- Drug Lists
Preferred Drug List (Formulary)
- Facts About Generic Drugs
- Preferred Drug List (PDL) Introduction
- Preferred Drug List (PDL)
- Common Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medications
- Formulary Search Guide
- Searchable Formulary
- Zero Dollar Copay List
Prior Authorization of Benefits (PAB)
- Antipsychotic Medications
- Blood Glucose Monitors Step Therapy
- Blood Glucose Test Strips Step Therapy
- Blood Glucose Test Strips Quantity Supply
- Cymbalta (duloxetine HCI)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Non-Preferred Medications Request
- Specialty Pharmaceutical Prior Authorization Form
- Universal 17P/Makena Authorization Form*
- Universal Medication Prior Authorization Form*
- Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)
* This link leads to a third-party site. That organization is solely responsible for the contents and privacy policies on its site.
- Specialty Pharmacy
Specialty medications are high-cost injectable drugs that generally require close supervision and monitoring of the patient’s drug therapy. These drugs often require special handling such as temperature-controlled packaging and overnight delivery and are often unavailable at retail pharmacy stores. Office-based injectables are typically covered under the medical benefit while self-injectable medications are typically covered under the pharmacy benefit.
Healthy Blue uses a separate specialty pharmacy network for dispensing of specialty medications that are covered under the pharmacy benefit. Our participating specialty pharmacies provide special care when a specialty drug is dispensed. In addition, these pharmacies assist members who have complex medical conditions to stay compliant with their specialty drug regimens.
Benefits of Using a Specialty Pharmacy:
- Members receive individualized care from health care professionals who are trained in specialty medications and in the member’s condition. This includes patient care representatives, nurses and pharmacists.
- Shipping, including special handling of refrigerated medications, is done at no cost.
- Members receive refill reminders to assist them in keeping on schedule with taking medications.
- Hot Tips
Pharmacy Hot Tips are brief messages to help answer questions and/or concerns you may have around a variety of pharmacy topics. Topics include preferred formulary products used to treat common diseases and conditions such as asthma and diabetes.
If you would like additional pharmacy information to assist our members, contact your Provider Relations representative, and we will prepare a Pharmacy Hot Tip for you!
- Rx Hot Tip Acne
- Rx Hot Tip ADHD
- Rx Hot Tip Allergies
- Rx Hot Tip Asthma
- Rx Hot Tip Atypical Antipsychotics
- Rx Hot Tip Chronic Pain
- Rx Hot Tip Diabetes
- RX Hot Tip Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) of Opioid Use Disorder
- Rx Hot Tip Over-the-Counter (OTC) Preferred Products
- Rx Hot Tip Proton Pump Inhibitors
- RX Hot Tip Topical Corticosteroid
Find important self-service tools to review ongoing claims, or check the eligibility of members under your care.