If you suspect the act of fraud, waste or abuse, you have a responsibility and a right to report it. You also have the right to remain anonymous when reporting fraud, waste and abuse.
Find out as many details as you can before reporting fraud, waste, or abuse. There are four ways to report fraud, waste or abuse to us:
- Call the BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Fraud Hotline toll-free at 800-763-0703.
- Use the form on this website: www.SouthCarolinaBlues.com/web/public/brand/sc/assistance/report-fraud/
- Fax the form to our anti-fraud unit at 803-870-8356.
- Write to us:
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Anti-Fraud Unit
Mail Code: AC-200 PO
Columbia, SC 29224-4011
You may also call or email the South Carolina Medicaid Fraud Hotline:
When you report fraud, waste or abuse, give all necessary details:
- Name, address and phone number of the provider
- Name and address of the hospital, nursing home or home health agency
- Medicaid number of the provider and place if applicable
- Type of provider
- Names and phone numbers of other people who can provide details
- Dates of events
- A brief statement of what has occurred
When you report someone who receives benefits, please ensure to have the following details:
- The person’s name
- The person’s date of birth and Social Security number if you know it
- The city where the person lives
- Exact details about the waste, abuse or fraud