Need a ride to your appointment? You’re covered. As a Healthy Blue member, you can get free transportation through Healthy Connections to your doctor’s office, pharmacy and other providers of covered services.
We can help you get to your appointments
You can get free transportation through South Carolina Healthy Connections to:
- Medical visits
- Behavioral and mental health providers*
- Urgent care visits
- Dental visits
- Vision visits
- Pick up medications from your pharmacy
- Other providers of covered services
If you have an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room right away.
*Members living in residential facilities for behavioral health services may not be eligible for transportation services through Healthy Blue. Please check with your facility for more information.
How to set up your ride
To schedule a ride, call Healthy Connection’s transportation broker at the number below for your location. You must set up your ride at least three business days before your appointment.
- SC Region 1: 866-910-7688 — Abbeville, Anderson, Cherokee, Edgefield, Greenville, Greenwood, Laurens, McCormick, Oconee Pickens, Saluda, Spartanburg
- SC Region 2: 866-445-6860 — Aiken, Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell, Calhoun, Chester, Clarendon, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lancaster, Lee, Lexington, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Sumter, Union, York
- SC Region 3: 866-445-9954 — Beaufort, Berkeley, Charleston, Chesterfield, Colleton, Darlington, Dillon, Dorchester, Florence, Georgetown, Hampton, Horry, Jasper, Marion, Marlboro, Williamsburg
Schedule your ride online*
When scheduling your ride, make sure you have this information:
- Medicaid ID card number
- Pick-up address and phone number
- Appointment date and time
- Doctor's name, address and phone number
- Any special needs, including if you need someone to ride with you
ModivCare is an independent organization that offers transportation brokering services on behalf of your health plan.