Welcome to Healthy Blue
Stay informed about coronavirus (COVID-19)
Have questions about COVID-19 vaccines? Visit our COVID-19 Resource Center for more information.
Serving South Carolina Medicaid members
If your health plan changed recently, you can switch to a new plan.
Switch to Healthy Blue and you could earn a $25 gift card for completing a wellness visit.
With Healthy Blue, you get the Medicaid benefits you need to live your best life.
Plus, free extras to keep your family healthy like:
Talk to a registered nurse anytime, day or night. Get answers to your medical questions, and find a doctor or urgent care center near you.
Never miss an appointment with free rides to your doctor’s office. Get a ride to your pharmacy to pick up medications.
Health and wellness discounts
Discounts for Jenny Craig® and Boys & Girls Club fees, free sports physicals for kids, and gift card rewards for pregnant members and new parents. View our extra benefits.
Disease Management program
No-cost Disease Management program to help you manage conditions such as asthma, diabetes and major depressive disorder.
Why choose Healthy Blue for your South Carolina Medicaid plan?
Healthy Blue has a strong provider network in South Carolina and offers the confidence and security as part of BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (BlueCross) — the only health insurer based and operated in South Carolina. When you cover yourself in BlueSM, it’s all about you.
- Coverage close to home. Our plan includes lots of doctors, hospitals and pharmacies to make getting care easy.
- A name you can trust. We have a history of caring, with more than 70 years of experience serving South Carolinians. We’re part of the BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina family of health plans. BlueCross is the oldest and strongest health insurer in South Carolina.
- Free extra benefits on top of your regular Medicaid benefits. You’ll get benefits including no copays for urgent care and preventive visits, free car seats, and discounts on healthy lifestyle services like Jenny Craig® and Boys & Girls Club fees.
- A company that makes a difference in the community. Our Family of BlueSM gives back to the community. We promote good health and access to quality health care by providing funding to community partners. Our funding supports free medical clinics, school nursing programs and other ways that help South Carolinians who need it most.
Updates and reminders
Have you heard about the Community Engagement Initiative?
Changes are coming to Healthy Connections benefits for South Carolinians ages 19 to 64. The Community Engagement Initiative will help Medicaid members achieve self-sustainability, continue their education, learn a new job skill and/or volunteer in their community. No action is required by Medicaid members at this time. If you have questions, call the Healthy Connections Medicaid Member Contact Center at 1-888-549-0820 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Ready for bad weather?
We’re here to help! Find out more about how to keep your health in mind before an emergency.
Free interpreter and translation services available
If you do not speak English and need help during your doctor visit or when you call us, you can get help in your language. We also provide materials in other languages and formats, including Braille, large print and audio at no cost to you. Call our Customer Care Center and we’ll get you the help you need.
BabyNet Implementation News for Members
Starting October 1, 2019, Healthy Blue will take over the educational review and payment responsibility for BabyNet services. BabyNet is South Carolina’s early intervention system for infants and toddlers through 3 years old with:
- Developmental delays
- Conditions associated with developmental delays
Healthy Blue will honor any Intensive Family Service Plan (IFSP) in place before October 1, 2019 through the Coordination of Care period, which ends on December 31, 2019.
What does this mean for you? You don’t need an authorization during the Coordination of Care period for services with your current BabyNet provider. But, after December 31, 2019, if your provider isn’t a Healthy Blue participating provider, they will need to enroll with us to become one. Or, you may need to switch to a provider that offers BabyNet services that is in the Healthy Blue network.
If you have any questions about how this will impact you, please contact our Customer Care Center at 1-866-781-5094 (TTY 1-866-773-9634). You can reach us Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.